Sizing & Care
We want you to enjoy your item for a lifetime, and with proper care your new piece can retain its beauty for decades. Many factors can contribute to the life of your jewellery so attention to care, repair, and storage is key. Years down the line we want you to be as happy as you were when you first purchased your item.
If you do not see your ring size online, please contact us and we will strive to accommodate you. We are happy to size your finger here at the studio, or if you are outside of the London area, we recommend getting sized by a local jeweller.
We can also post a ring sizer for a £10 fee which is deductible from any one of a kind or bespoke item purchases. We advise you discuss your requirements with us before purchase to assess whether if this is an appropriate method of sizing for your requirements.
Even the most durable of materials are subject to wear and can be damaged by exposure to the elements of everyday life. In order to keep your jewellery in the best condition possible we advise the following:
- Keep jewellery away from harsh cosmetics as this can cause damage to precious metal, gemstones and pearls. Always remove jewellery when washing or showering and apply any skin care routine before you put on your jewellery to minimise contact.
- Your skin has a natural PH that is unique to you and can cause oxidation to the surface of materials, this is completely normal and varies from person to person.
- Chains should be hung to avoid tangling when not being worn. If wearing multiple chains, be sure to separate them with your fingers from time to time, to avoid tangling. While travelling, chains can be laid out on acid free tissue paper, rolled up and gently folded to avoid tangling, then tucked into a pouch.
- To slow down oxidation from exposure to the air, store your jewellery in an airtight container such as a zip lock bag.
- Jewellery should be stored separately to avoid scratching and rubbing against each other, or chains tangling. Diamonds especially can easily scratch other jewellery and should always be stored separately (in a soft pouch or box).
- Always remove your jewellery before swimming, exercising, cleaning, gardening, etc
- 9ct gold does tarnish over time, we offer a re-polish service on our items should you desire a spruce up, contact us for a quote.
- Even the most secure settings can loosen over time, especially if extensively worn. We offer a free of charge check-up service for our items and can quote for any necessary work if you have any concerns.
Your Jewellery can easily get dirty through everyday wear and exposure to products like perfume, moisturisers, and soap residue. Avoid contact with harsh household chemicals like hairspray and chlorine. A regular soak and cleaning with a mild liquid soap and warm water will do the trick. A toothbrush can also be used.
We do not recommend ultrasonic cleaners or jewellery cleaning solutions.
Putting an insurance policy on your new ring might sound overly pragmatic, but peace of mind is priceless. Check your home insurance policy for what you are covered for, many companies require you notify them of any one piece which is worth over £1000. We are happy to supply a ‘Certificate For Insurance Purposes’ for any bespoke item purchased with us.
If anything should happen to your jewellery then we offer a full repair service on any of our items. If you believe your item is in need of repair please contact us with a detailed description of the issue, and we can organise return of the item for a full assessment. Once we have determined the best course of repair we will provide you with a quotation of the work required.